The Maldives is a paradise for those fond of deep sea diving and snorkelling. There are so many things to do in the Maldives. However, remember that some of the diving spots here are only meant for professional divers who must be PADI certified.
Another reason behind the popularity of this tropical nation is its marine life and coral reefs. The waters of around the Maldives is replete with many species of fish and sea animals that people from all over the world come here to see. Surrounded by beaches, atolls, crystal clear water, and blue sky, this exotic place boasts a rich diversity of flora and fauna. It has some truly breathtaking sights.
Things to do in the Maldives
As the Maldives is located in the Indian Ocean, its surrounding waters is a paradise that no visitor of the place can afford to miss. Any diving and snorkelling fanatic will love to see beautiful marine animals here. The water teems with aquatic creatures such as angelfish, trumpet fish, parrot fish, crustaceans, unicorn fish, turtles, and much more. If one venture further into the water, they are likely to stumble across swordfish, dolphins, rays, sharks, and porpoises.
Here are some of the exciting activities and things to do in the Maldives:
- Diving: Among the premier diving spots on earth, the Maldives is perhaps the best scuba diving spot for professional divers. For uncertified divers, there are many PADI dive centres to help them wade through the deep waters of Maldives.
- Snorkelling: If you are looking for an alternative to diving, indulge in snorkelling in the Maldives. One need not go deep underwater to enjoy pristine and shallow reefs of this heavenly place.
- Dolphin Spotting: Diving in the Maldives diving gives tourists spectacular views of dolphins. Even on a boat ride, you can spot these creatures frolicking in the waters of this island.
- Island Hopping: The first idea of visiting any place is to explore it as much as you can. The Maldives is made up of numerous islands, mostly settled by Muslim communities.
- Surfing: Cinnamon Dhonveli at the Maldives is a world famous surfing spot. However, one needs to be quite experienced to surf the waters here.
Get Diving Lessons in the Maldives
The Professional Association of Diving Instructors (PADI) is a training program for those who want to learn diving from professional. Some challenging diving spots in the world are open to PADI certified divers only. If you are looking forward to diving into the waters of Maldives, ensure that you are PADI certified. Following are the accredited diving centres in the Maldives:
- ProDivers: It offers certified courses in both scuba diving as well as open water diving; all the courses are PADI approved and certified.
- IDive: To take diving courses at IDive, the candidate must be at least ten years old. They provide classes that teach the basics of diving, open water diving for advanced learners, scuba diving, and rescue diving.
- Euro-divers: This diving centre provides educational courses for scuba diving and open water diving. All the courses offered are PADI certified.
- Maldives Passion: PADI certified courses are provided here for scuba diving, open water diving, and advanced open water diving. In addition to these, it also offers diving packages, and activities for fun diving.
There are plenty of Maldives hotels and resorts that provide snorkelling services. The establishments let you enjoy the underwater beauty of Maldives while taking care of your safety.